Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Misconceptions about Bigfoot

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. That has been a hard task for our crew the past couple days as we have been setting up for the hunt. While I had a moment I wanted to take some time to address a few misconceptions that people have about the elusive creature we know as Bigfoot.

1. Bigfoot can read your mind. This simply is not true. This myth comes from individuals that see Bigfoot for the first time and feel that they are making a connection with the animal because they believe they can see in to their "soul".

The same thing happens with men, women and children when they go to a zoo and see Lions, Chimpanzees, or Elephants for the first time. Simply, individuals get very excited the first time they see Bigfoot and their brain is flooded with emotions which makes them believe they were able to mentally speak with Bigfoot.

2. Bigfoot only exists in the Northwestern parts of the United States. This is a misconception mainly because a lot of the credible footage comes from this area. However, Bigfoot exist all over the United States where food sources are readily available.

3. Bigfoot survives on vegetation alone. Bigfoot is entirely too big to survive on vegetation alone. While they do eat some plant life about 30% of their diet comes from animals. We have reason to believe that a majority of their hunting occurs at night as they have excellent night vision.

4. Bigfoot is peaceful. There are multiple stories that have been told of Bigfoot throwing rocks, howling, growling, and intimidating humans that were doing nothing but hiking in the woods. Additionally, I have heard of stories where animals (dogs, cats) have been inured and even killed by Bigfoot.



5 comments:

  1. HOw can you say Bigfoot is far too large to survive on vegitation alone, when Moose and Elephants and rhinos all survive on vegetation alone?
    I agree it is an omnivore but the rationale you use is poor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct Moose, Elephants, and Rhinos all rely on vegetation. However, there are numerous accounts of Bigfoot slaughtering Deer, Dogs and sometimes Cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I say, I agree it is an omnivore... but you need to remove size as a reason that it can't be a herbivore. Gorillas are another example of a large herbivore. Cows are another. In fact, herbivores frequently out-weigh omnivores and carnivores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This other anonymous guy keeps getting off topic. Bottom line you guys are doing the right thing by hunting Bigfoot to further the research. This guy too busy talking about their diet. WHO CARES...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that Bigfoot can be dangerous but I don't believe we should go out hunting to kill it. I was injured by a Bigfoot, but it was because I threw a rock and hit it. One was making screams and lobbing rocks near us while we were fishing at night and I started throwing a lot of rocks hard in the direction I believed he was at and one apparently hit it because it let out a ruckus, and a while after that he threw and hit me in the back of the head with a nice sized rock. The rock hit off center and if it had hit the center of my head I wonder if I would have suffered brain damage. The rock came at an angle and hit off center, but the concussion of it's impact was still powerful. I once read that long ago two miners were killed by being by hit by thrown rocks, but my guess is they likely had shot first and it took revenge. So, if you injure one they might take revenge, but I doubt most ever seek out humans to harm.

    ReplyDelete